Thursday, November 02, 2006

PHP Gas Mileage Application

Here's a little something I wrote out of necessity and decided not to stop before it was completed. I'm pretty proud of it and am surprised how easy PHP was to learn. It basically helps me keep track of my gas mileage over the web so I can throw the receipt out faster, and don't have to carry a spreadsheet around. The following is from the program itself:

This program is a gas mileage database and analyzer written in PHP. It is self-contained (has a single source code file). It stores data in a simple text file in HTTP-query format. It allows users to add new records, and add new data files for different vehicles. It creates a backup before a new record is added. It also implements password protection before users can add refueling records.

Source Code:
Source Code
See it in action

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ZOMG Cruise control will save you gas!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PHP Training Chennai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eva Joseph said...

Really awesome blog. Your blog is really useful for me. Thanks for sharing this informative blog. Keep update your blog.... PHP Services
Web Data Extraction Services
Ecommerce Service Provider
CRM Services
Ecommerce Solution Provider

Devi said...

Thanks for sharing it with us. I am very glad that I spent my valuable time in reading this post. oracle training in chennai